Monday, January 05, 2009

Alternative weaponry

Because of my inherent mistrust in all things mechanical, I am starting to research alternative projective weapons. Of course, I plan on having enough guns stock-piled that if there should be a malfunction, I will have a back-up.

However, if for some reason I am forced to leave my armory (it's the apocalypse, this shit happens), I would like to have weapons that I can readily fix, if necessary. No doubt, I will have my trusty machete (she has served me well) and my trusty back-up machete, but I would also like to have some sort of ranged weapon.

The first thing that comes to mind is a slingshot. Slingshots have come a long way since I was a kid though. A quick google search yields a huge variety. Not to mention the possibility of making one myself. So it looks like I have to research to do.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=4143628

This guy clearly represents why slingshots make incredible weapons.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer my trusty compound bow,requires skill but packs punch of a 22 rifle

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your all shitting yourselves a crossbow is the way to go.long set up but its the equivlant of a sniper rifle.add explocive bolts and...

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1892 flintlock pistol with chamber modifycation.got designds from gunjocks.com allows fro a weapon that is easily fixed and uses almost any ammo.22 up to 30cals.just change the barrel 4 te ammo ur using

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you had to go with something that had zero mechanical parts but could still kill a man (zombie)? If you could practice with a sling, it would be perfect. It's just a length of chord with a metal ball. Hit up a Home Depot or Lowe's and you have all the ammo you could ever need. This should be a back up weapon though.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home