Monday, July 06, 2009

Ominous Day

I was taking a walk today. A little warm out, but generally a nice day. A couple blocks from my home I got an eerie feeling. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up; I shivered, and a cold breeze made the sky overcast. I got the feeling, right there, that it had begun.

Almost ominously, I looked down and there was a shovel. It was very much like when you start a video game, weapon-less, and you have to grab whatever you first come across. Of course, I wasn't completely weaponless, what with my boot knife, but I couldn't help but feel that the shovel was there for a reason.

So I picked it up, hoping that my neighbors would understand that I needed whatever I could get to stop the zombie threat. At this point I decided it would be best to continue on my walk to reconnoiter the situation.

Several blocks later, it happened: NOTHING. I got back to my house incident free and one stolen shovel richer. God, sometimes I hate the pre-apocalypse.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Enjoy the time we have before "it" happens. For when "it" comes... I have a feeling that nothing will ever be the same.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Hyrion said...

Maybe something did happen nearby but as you continued in your way instead of looking around, you missed it.

5:38 PM  
Blogger D.K'd Daddy said...

I always thought one of those garden spades with the serrated edges "http://www.wolverinehandtools.com/popup.htm?./Tall/fiber_specialty_shovels.jpg' would make a really good impromptu medium range weapon. Especially if you had any type of staff training through martial arts.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just think that we should all come togeather as one. Mabye even in a big msn conversation or anything, because we belive. And we will be ready.

my names matt btw

12:06 PM  
Anonymous MT said...

I have way too many of those kind of days... I carry a boot knife and a .44 magnum,(with 3 reloads), now.

I will be ready. Will you?

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home